Tuesday 22 May 2012

What's on the bathroom floor this week?


This week it's a very small but very varied pile.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Horse and his Boy, C.S Lewis: My dad is reading his way through the Chronicles of Narnia. I haven't ever read this one, even though it's my book. I'm not a huge fan of Narnia, to be honest. When I was little the books were fun and magical but reading them again as an adult I noticed that they are actually quite badly written, they are filled with harmful ideology and they are also kind of sexist. Not cool! Still, apparently The Horse and his Boy is a good story, and according to the blurb, there is a talking horse, and a book about a talking horse can't be that bad!

The Book of General Ignorance: Oh, it's you again. I actually took this book out of the bathroom last week and put it back on my shelf, but surprise surprise, John came round and decided to put it back in the bathroom. Best place for it, in my opinion...!

The Last Holiday - A Memoir, Gil Scott-Heron: I haven't read this one either, it belongs to my dad. But, it has a really good cover:

It also sounds like a really good and interesting read, so I'll probably get to reading it once I'm done tackling Revolution in the Head, which I'm finding quite tough because it goes so in depth and talks about musical theory and things like that. But it is still very interesting even if it does make me feel ever so slightly stupid!

Journal Revolution, Linda Woods & Karen Dinino: This is a guide all about scrapbooking with a difference. It has some really fun design projects like using found objects and different ways of printing etc. Since I've been on my crafty kick I decided to give it a read, and it's got some really good ideas (though I'll probably stick to the jewellery project for the time being!)

No comments:

Post a Comment