Tuesday 22 May 2012

The job search continues...and continues...

It's sunny and warm today, for the first time in ages! I should be outside but I'm actually still sitting in my dressing gown. My plan for today is to go to the bank and get my account upgraded from 'baby's first debit card' to a normal grown-up's account, so that I can set up a contract and get my new phone.

Then I'll probably come back home and apply for more jobs, or make some jewellery. I know which one is more tempting right now ... I have applied for three or four graduate jobs this morning, and also put one on the 'maybe' pile because it says you need a year's experience unless you are truly exceptional. Disregarding the fact that they are sort of missing the point of 'entry level', I'm not sure they would think I'm exceptional. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty much the dictionary definition of 'average'.

I've also been applying to a lot of retail jobs, but I feel like they don't take my applications seriously because they assume I'm just going to leave as soon as a better opportunity comes along. But honestly, my plan if I get one of those jobs is to stick at it for a long time, at least long enough to learn to drive and buy a car. And really, the chance of a better opportunity coming along seems about the same as the chance of a unicorn galloping through my front door and farting out a pile of gold coins at this rate.

Ho hum!

No comments:

Post a Comment