Thursday 14 June 2012

Interview, bracelets, and ... pizza.

I had my interview today, and it was actually a lot less terrifying than I had imagined. Considering it was my first proper interview, I think I did pretty well. But of course, what I think doesn't actually matter! There are a lot of other candidates for the role and I won't get to find out until Thursday whether or not I got the job. So, for now I'm going to try not to over-think it, carry on as normal and act like I didn't even have an interview. Because it's kind of embarrassing telling everyone you had an interview only to sheepishly crawl back and say 'yeah I didn't get it...'

The tiny spike studs I ordered finally arrived today, all the way from China, so I made a woven bracelet with pale pink satin cord and spikes. I am loving the combination of pastel colours and spikes. It's a really popular style at the moment, and very straightforward to make, so I'm going to make a few more and see how they do on Folksy.


Later tonight I think John and I are going out for dinner on a sort of double date with our friend Andy and his on-off-on-on-off-on-off-nobody-even-knows-any-more girlfriend. We're going to Fire and Stone in Gunwharf for £4 pizzas. Hooray!

Tomorrow it's another early morning, as I'm going in to British Heart for my first day. I was really nervous about this last week, but now that I've conquered an interview I feel like I could wrestle a dragon into a volcano. Charity shop work will be fine, and even if I do have abuse shouted at me by an old man, at least it gives me something exciting to write about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment