Friday 15 June 2012

First Day of Volunteering

This morning I went into British Heart for my first day of till training. I was expecting it to be really scary and difficult, but actually I loved it so much that I ended up staying for way longer than I was supposed to! At first it was difficult to remember all the steps I had to take to ring up a customer's purchases, but after a short time I got the hang of it, and now I feel like I could do it with my eyes closed. None of the customers were rude, and most of them were actually really friendly and stopped to chat or ask advice about what to buy. I'm sure I'll get a scary customer eventually, but so far it's all been fine! It's good to be out of the house, doing something productive with my free time and gaining work experience.

It's been a really busy few days, and I really love the feeling of rushing around having important stuff to do - I feel like a proper person!

No comments:

Post a Comment